Re: Okay, I've built my TP360 kernel

> OOps....I didn't realize...darn!  Ed's been talking about the
> 360...oops.  Keith, I have a 750C 4/340.  And it doesn't seem to work,
> even w/ the modified kernel.  COuld you by any chance outline some
> idiot-proof steps?

I don't think so.  After all, I barely got it working myself,
and it took me several weeks of trying different things, and
I had the use of a working Linux system to build kernels.

Did you try it using the boot disk from cs.utk.edu's ftp area?
If so, keep in mind that that is for a very old version of Linux.
Maybe there's some sort of incompatibility between that one and
the programs you're trying to install.

> I read all the documentation concerning Linux
> install...but nothing seems to work.  Why, for instance does my computer
> insist on rebooting shen it tries to install disks A1-A3?

I really don't know.  Can you escape out of the install procedure into
a shell and mount the ms-dos floppy by hand?

You can try doing a talk, but different versions of talk aren't
compatible with one another.  Try one of the following:

moore@sloth.cs.utk.edu (sun3 running sunos)
moore@envy.cs.utk.edu  (tp750 running netbsd)
moore@avarice.cs.utk.edu (ibm rt running 4.3bsd)
moore@wilma.cs.utk.edu (decstation running ultrix)

(the first three are at my home (where I am now); it's probably
more effecient to use one of them.)

My systems are set up to use a visual bell, so if I'm not
watching the screen when you try to talk, I won't know you're
ringing me.

Or you could pay ma bell: +1 615 281 0594

Keith