Re: Mathematica on 750C

>>Part of the install is the installation of the Win32s 32-bit Windows
>>package.  When it finishes the install of Win32s, I get the error:
>>"Application Error: DSHELL caused a General Protection Fault in module
>>INIUPD.DLL at 0001:0E91."  Then, I get a bunch of SHARE vilations.
>
>ThinkPads don't get along with the MicroSoft's Win32s setup program for some
>strange reason.  But the setup.inf file should give you enough information
>to manually expand the files (using DOS's 'expand' utility) that weren't
>installed before the GPF, place them in the appropriate directories, and
>insert references to them in system.ini.  Sorry I can't give more detailed
>info but it's a while since I did this.  Good luck.
>
>Tim

I saved the "details" from Tim's original message a couple months
ago; thanks Tim!!  I included the message below.

By the way, I installed the very most recent version of Win32s
a couple weeks ago & did not encounter any problems with the install
program.  So, one of 2 things happened: (1) either Microsoft cleaned
up their installation in the new Win32s release, or (2) it worked
because the installation program was just "upgrading" an earlier
release of Win32s.

Here is Tim's original instructions:

>Has anyone installed Win32s on the TP750?

Yes, but I encountered the same problem with a hang near the end of the
install.  Never did figure out the cause, but it is possible to work around
the hang by using the DOS 'expand' command to manually decompress the few
remaining  files from the install diskette.  I forget which ones they were,
but it should be sufficient to know that all the files install in
\windows\system\win32s, with the following exceptions:

In \windows\system directory -  w32sys.dll
                                                 win32s16.dll
                                                 winmm16.dll

Also make sure the following line has been added to the [386Enh] section of
your system.ini file:

                device=c:\windows\system\win32s\w32s.386