Battery life and DOS's

> I bought the machine expecting 3.5 hours out of the battery and I think I
> had a right to expect it, given the range of the claim--3.5 to 8 hours.  If
> they had said 2.5 to 8 hours, then I would have only expected 2.5 hours.

As John Kim said, the only way to pull off anything close to
the IBM specified times is to run off a RAM drive.  Interesting
to say the least, but very possible if you are a DOS user with
lots of megs of RAM (unlikely though since those users would most
likely be using Windows or OS/2).

> 	Not that it makes much difference--but stick with PC-DOS.  It has
> certain little features that I like better than MS-DOS anyway, and it is
> certainly no less capable.

Agreed.  As for disk compression software though, I still say
Stacker is the way to go.  But since SuperStor comes with PC-DOS,
it's should be fine too.