RE: Questions from a new 360Cs owner

In message Fri, 24 Jun 1994 13:34:44 -0400 (EDT),
  Tim Tyhurst <tim@excelsior.com>  writes:

> 1 - Is there a source for the removable hard disk case? Will IBM sell them
> without a disk inside? Or do I have to buy IBM disks for the unit?

NO. NO. Yes.

I've asked tech support, product information, IBM parts numbers, and a
couple other IBM insiders.  Finally I got an answer from TP750 development -
IBM does not sell the case by itself to discourage people from using 3rd
party hard drives.  If a 3rd party hard drive draws too much current and
blows the fuse on your TP, your 3 year warranty is VOID.  Personally I'd
rather they let me decide if I want to risk it or not.
--
John H. Kim              | "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like
jokim@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu | 'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole