Re: Kudos to IBM Service

I also had a wonderful experience when the 340 Meg HD of my
750 mono started making "weird noises".  I called IBM and had
a new HD the next day....BUT

But, the fact that UPS picks up the old part within a few days
wasn't explicit, and they didn't tell me where to send the old
drive.  I sent it back to the IBM location that sent me the new
one- BIG mistake.  A rather "difficult" representative called
me and _first_ accused me of not returning the drive.  Not knowing
what was wrong, I asked her to verify.  She did indeed have
evidence that I had returned the drive, but then claimed that
she would have to charge me for it anyway.  I indicated that I
thought this was stupid, of course (only much more politely :).
Then she claimed she would have to charge me because she didn't
have record of my proof of purchase. Geez.  It was in the box
with the drive.  I finally faxed a copy, and she didn't have
the courtesy to do a followup call indicating that everything
was in order.  Moral?  IBM service is great, but whoever is in
charge of "potentially" delinquent accounts needs the same
training...

Thanks, I'm done venting now  ;^)

Keith