Is video on 360 and 755 interchangeable

Thank you in your interest in IBM ThinkPads. I hate to disappoint a
customer but I am afraid that in this case the answer is no, due to
technical reasons. The showstopper is the BIOS. Each type of LCD panel
(TFT color, DSTN color, STN mono) requires the LCD controller part of
the video chip to be programmed in a specific manner. Since the 755 has
only TFT model and DSTN color model, the 755 BIOS does not support a
STN mono panel. The 360 BIOS will not work on a 755 because of various
hardware differences, including but not limited to the CPU clock rate
(33 vs 25/50/75) and audio (option vs integrated).

You may want to note, however, that to the best of my knowledge the
ThinkPad 750 series has not been withdrawn yet. Supply of the color
models may be constrained in some countries, but the 750 monochrome
model should still be available, while supplies last.

Thank you again in your interest in our products, and my apologies for
the delay in responding.

Sincerely,
Ken Inoue
*** Forwarding note from jokim   --chs.clar 05/25/94 18:01 ***

- - - - - - - - - -    F o r w a r d e d   N o t e    - - - - - - - - - -