Re: Processor Upgrade

> one thing that NEC has done right, and IBM has done wrong so far is to build
> a series of non-upgradable machines. The 755 appears to reverse this
> mistake to some extent.

Well, at least we can breathe easily that the latest OS are
aimed at our CPU's or below.  I imagine the DX4/100 CPU wouldn't
work with the TP750 due to pin incompatibilities.  Also, I
believe someone said that the CPU was soldered into place
meaning any exchange is out of the question really.

I think the mistake isn't in building non-upgradeable machines
but in wasting our screens.  At the least, they should offer
us the ability to buy a new machine without a screen and put
ours in the place.  How much could the screen have changed?