Re: Another though on 3Com PCMCIA

> > 	On another thought--I have a question for those of you who got the
> > 3Com "Combo" PCMCIA card:  Does it have 2 different "tails"--one for

> The combo card has two "pigtails", one for 10bt and one for 10b2.  The
> card automaticly senses which is hooked up (I've used both interchagably

	Thanks!  So are you saying that one need not change the setup, if
switching tails?

	I've noticed that my card says "for 10BaseT and Coax" on it, so I
presume I need only to purchase the additional tail.

> with no setup required).  The specs say that the 10bt consumes 110mA while
> the 10b2 uses 430.

	430 mA?  Wow--that's a lot more than twisted pair!

-----
Randy Whittle    whittle@scf.usc.edu
University of Southern California School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)
 - Motorcycle nut, HP 48GX & 100LX user, & lover of fine chocolate...
 "It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept!" -Calvin
 "Consensus is the negation of leadership." - Margaret Thatcher