Re: Another though on 3Com PCMCIA

> > 	The good news is that I have never had to that with the 3Com card.
> > I can suspend and wake-up with impunity and never have to re-plug the card.
> > I presume this has to do with the fact that it bypasses card services and
> > "talks" directly to the port (don't ask me how, but 3Com has it figured out).>
> This also applies to hibernation? I've never had a problem with suspend,
> just hibernation mode.

	Well, per your comment here, I went and tried it on my TP (which, by
the way, since I discovered from this list that suspend was so efficient, I
never bother with hibernation anymore!) and the verdict is....

	BUZZZZZZ!  *If* I could get it to hibernate at all (sometimes it
just refuses!), it worked--then when "waking up", it froze.  Now this *could*
be a Windows for Workgroups software problem, but it could also be the 3Com
card--I don't know for sure, since I can't separate the two (the 3Com card
would have to be in there to connect with the networking capability in
Workgroups--I do not that it hibernates just fine in stand-alone mode though).

	Alas--no joy.

>  The thing that bypasses card services would
> probably be classified as an enabler...

	That's precisly what it is called! ;)

-----
Randy Whittle    whittle@scf.usc.edu
University of Southern California School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)
 - Motorcycle nut, HP 48GX & 100LX user, & lover of fine chocolate...
 "It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept!" -Calvin
 "Consensus is the negation of leadership." - Margaret Thatcher