3com ethernet saga

I recently purchased a 3com combo 10bt-10b2 card, and it seems to be
working fine with Easy Play.  I have version 3.5 of the 3com drivers and
v.1.01 of Easyplay.  EasyPlay recognized the ethernet card right away when
the ipx etc. drivers were not loaded, including hot-plugging.  EasyPlay
locked the computer quite effectively (even ctrl-alt-del was disabled) when
the drivers were loaded.

In the CS_HLPR directory of the 3com disk there are 2 files.  One is a
readme file which describes this problem.  Apparently, the 3com uses an
enabler-style driver which isn't good at communicating with card-services
drivers.  When card services are requested, the 3com drivers are
automaticly turned off, locking your computer big time.  They do provide a
fix.  Also in the CS_HLPR directory is a file called HELP_589.DOS. By
after the AUTODRV.INI, all conflicts are reconciled.  I can now use the
3com card and EasyPlay with no problems.  I assume that users of real
operating systems don't have to bother with all of this whoii.

Good Luck

-Victor Kress