Re: Answers to a few questions

> >4. Is there a way to turn the backlight off without turning off the LCD?
> >When I'm typing in the sunlight, I can see the screen just fine and I'd like
> >to save some power by turning off the backlight.

	John, I'm simply amazed that you feel this way!  I have a 750C and
when I'm outdoors, I can barely see a blasted thing at all--and then only after
some really bad squinting.  I find using the TP outdoors tremendously
annoying and difficult.  The ambient light, whether very sunny or cloudy
and overcast, seems to be just too overpoweringly bright--hence, I can't
see what's on the screen for beans.

	If you (or anyone on the list) have a secret method for seeing your
TP screen outdoors, please do share it with me.  I'd like to use it outdoors,
but as of now, it certainly seems unworkable.

-----
Randy Whittle    whittle@scf.usc.edu
University of Southern California School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)
 - Motorcycle nut, HP 48GX & 100LX user, & lover of fine chocolate...
 "It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept!" -Calvin
 "Consensus is the negation of leadership." - Margaret Thatcher