RE: Screen squeals

In message Wed, 27 Apr 94 18:27 CDT,
  Chris Schumann <SCHUMANN@macc.wisc.edu>  writes:

> I just noticed on my 750P that the screen emits a very high
> frequency squeal, and that the frequency can be modulated with
> the brightness control.

> I would estimate the frequency at 19-20kHz.  I can
> try to make a measurement if people are interested.

Are you sure?  That's beyond the upper frequency limit for most people.
I know it is for me (I measured it at the Exploratorium in San Francisco -
came out to about 18kHz) and I have pretty good hearing.  Of course if it's
very loud that's a different story.

I have noticed that with the AC adapter plugged in and the battery not
charging and the radio tuned the 980 AM, there's an annoying EM whine the
radio picks up (that's the news station here in L.A.).  I can modulate it
with the *contrast* bar.  I've got a 750 mono btw.
--
John H. Kim              | "Just try telling the IRS you don't feel like
jokim@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu | 'contributing' this year come April" - Bob Dole