Re: running TP750 with lid closedRe: Suspend modesRe: running TP750 with lid closedSuspend & HibernationRe: Suspend modesRe: Suspend & HibernationRe: Suspend modesSuspend modes

I stumbled upon how to turn off the hard disk NOW while
not turning off the display.  (The reason you might enjoy
doing this, in addition to the power saving, is that the
thinkpad becomes silent!).  There is a shareware program
called COLAP (short for color laptop utility) that runs
in DOS or a dos box in windows on dos.  It has an option
for toshiba machines, /T, that enables you, even on
the tp750, to press RIGHT-SHIFT with DEL keys to turn
off the hard disk.  In addition, it can dim or brighten
the VGA screen by altering vga color pallate.
I was pleasantly surprised that the TOSHIBA setting worked.
Time to start experimenting with other programs.