Re: Microsoft Dos 6.2General infoLimits and IBM PricesNetBSD on a TP750 updateRE:3rd party hard drives for TP750 series

Since I mentioned I have a Maxtor 250 meg hard disk working
in my 750C quite a few have mentioned they don't see why I can't
just upgrade to a larger disk from anyone.
The problem is that there isn't any way that I can see to set
drive parameters.  The Thinkpad seems to query the drive and sets
the parameters on its own.  I don't know if there are only a few
drives that work or if it can use any drive.  Since I purchased
the 750C used with the Maxtor drive, there was no risk since it
was already working with it.  But I'd rather not spend xx dollars
for a hard disk that doesn't work in the 750 series.
Has anyone else out there tried other than IBM hard disks in their
750/C/Cs?