Re: Several TP750 Questions!

-->
-->As I understand it, a standard video cable between monitor and PC
-->doesn't have any defined receive pins;  that is, the monitor isn't
-->sending signals to the video card.  If this is the case (which it very
-->well may not be), and depending on the way the TP750 checks for an
-->external display, you should be able to keep the screen off simply by
-->attaching a cable stub to the external monitor port of the TP.
-->Haven't tried it, don't know if it works, I know the TP won't let you
-->claim you're connected to an external monitor if you're not.
-->
-->
-->Anyone want to try?  :)
-->
-->- Andrew
-->

This is exactly right.  I have an external monitor hooked up to my
   TP750.  I turn the screen on my TP off when I have the monitor
   hooked up (using the PS2 commands).
SW

Stanley Wasserman                                 Professor of Psychology,
University of Illinois                               Statistics, and Sociology
                                                  Professor, Beckman Institute
stanwass@uiuc.edu                              *
sswibm@uiucvmd.bitnet                          *
217 333-3325                                   *
217 244-6905                                   *
217 244-5876 (fax)                             *