Re: Battery tests

On Sun, 20 Feb 1994, Sean Chou wrote:
> > I finally installed fueldos for windows last month.  That's when things
> > started to freeze on me.  I decided that it had something to do with the
> > installation and IBM confirmed that when they said they had a new version
> > of fueldos that would take care of the problem.  Unfortunately in the mean
> > time, I had completely deleted the fueldos line from my autoexec line.
>
> Well, if you run Windows exclusively (or nearly so), then you don't
> really need FUELDOS.EXE installed...but if you insist, then the new
> version should fix it.
>
> What exactly happens?
I actually use DOS more than Windows for my journalism assignments.
Occasionally I use Windows which is why I installed fuel for windows.
Once I had installed it, anytime I FN F2'd in DOS, the computer would
freeze up.  The only way around the problem was to make sure I had turned
the Fuel for Windows off in Windows before exiting.
IBM told me they've been having a lot of problems with TP's that use
FUELDOS, and that the program is far from perfect.  Luckily, they were
able to get my power management functions working again when I
re-initialized the computer (config.sys and autoexec.bat changes didn't work).
It was all very strange and I don't think either of us knew what we were
doing.
Thanks for responding.
Hanson