Re: straw proposal: heuristic info from procedures

> * Tools like emacs and PSD use line-number.

I have used character offsets in my PSD-like debugger, Aries, without
difficulty inside both Emacs and MrEd.

Anyway, I think the actual specification of what construes a location
should be left a little vague.  Should it be the line number?  Line
number + column number?  Offset?  Should it include the filename?
(Absolute filename or relative filename?)  I have a front-end that
keeps track of all four of these things, and is probably still missing
something.  I really don't think meaningful agreement can be reached
on this (or even needs to be, given its intended purpose).

'shriram