Re: Let a thousand flowers bloom...

Alan writes:
> I'd like to propose that the Scheme language as defined by the current
> standards (R4RS and IEEE) be declared the -final- version of Scheme.

I didn't know there are any other viable futures for Scheme.  As long
as people talk about changes to the language and not about changes to
the language design process, no substantial changes will be made to
Scheme.  Given this group's inability to agree on very much, I find it
hard to imagine agreement on a viable language design process.  Let's
face reality, the Scheme language as defined by the current standards
(R4RS and IEEE) is the -final- version of Scheme.  The issue seems to
be only one of admitting this fact to ourselves.

John