Re: EVAL proposal

>    Date: Tue, 19 May 1992 14:38:44 -0400
>    From: oz@sis.yorku.ca
>
>    In a message dated Mon, 18 May 1992 10:26:29, Bill Rozas outlined
>    a "compromise" proposal for eval. It seems to me that this is basically
>    the first installment of a two-part effort to get first-class environments
>    into a R^nRS, sort of like laying down the tracks before the locomotive
>    rumbles by. I am *not* suggesting that there is anything wrong with this
>    approach, but I would prefer to see this proposal be considered within
>    its appearent context, rather than as if it has been made independent
>    of the particulars of first-class environments.

> Please do not be so insulting, and keep your attempts to read between
> the lines to yourself.

I did not intend to be insulting. I have the right to suggest my
interpretation of a proposal, and I did. I also tried to make explicit
that I did not find anything "covert" about it, ["I am *not* suggesting
that there is anything wrong with this approach ..."]. I still think
that this proposal is intimately tied to the particulars of first-class
environments, and therefore should be considered within that context.
I could be wrong at this assessment, but it is neverthaless intended to
be a technical assessment,  not a personal or political one.

I have appearently offended Jinx with my message, by appearing to
question his integrity. I sincerely apologize. I wish to suggest, even
by poor wording or omission, that there was anything "covert" about
his proposal, nor was there any questioning of his integrity.

oz
---
Information is in the mind of  |  electric: oz@sis.yorku.ca
the beholder. - R. Jackendoff  |  ph:[416] 736 2100 x 33976