standardization meeting---travel and local arrangements

The meeting to discuss standardization will be held on Saturday March
26, 1988 in Bloomington, Indiana.  We plan to begin the meeting at 9:00
AM, so you should arrive by Friday evening.  We plan to adjourn no
later than 5:00 PM on Saturday; this will allow those of you planning
to depart that evening to reserve a 7:00 or later flight out of
Indianapolis.

It is usually best to travel into the Indianapolis airport, which is
about one hour and 15 minutes from Bloomington.  The Louisville airport
is sometimes a reasonable alternative at two hours and 15 minutes from
Bloomington.  Sometimes there are nonstop flights into Louisville even
when there are no nonstop flights into Indianapolis (especially from
the South).  Bloomington has an airport; flights connect through
Chicago or Indianapolis.  We rarely use the Bloomington airport since
it usually takes longer to fly into Bloomington than to fly into
Indianapolis and drive to Bloomington.

>From the Indianapolis airport, there are three possibilities:  (1) rent
a car, (2) take a limo, or (3) have someone pick you up.  From the
Louisville airport, only the first option is reasonable.  The car
rental is as cheap as if not cheaper than the limo, but I've heard that
the limo is very nice.  If you are interested in taking the limo, let
me know and I'll find out how to reserve it.

We have reserved a block of rooms at the Bloomington Ramada Inn.  The
price for one night at the Ramada is around $50.  Let me know if you
plan to stay at the Ramada and we will sign you up.  We need to know by
March 10th at the latest).

We will arrange for coffee and donuts on the morning of the 26th, and
lunch around noon.  We will also set up an informal gathering on Friday
night.  On Saturday night, we're planning to have a dinner party.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you will be attending.  Also,
we may be able to help with travel between Indy and Bloomington if we
have enough advance notice. So please let us know your flight plans as
soon as possible.  If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to
send mail (dyb@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu) or call (812/335-6486).

Stay tuned...

Kent