A vote against standardization

   Date: Sun, 27 Dec 87 17:05 EST
   From: Alan Bawden <Alan@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>

   Here is my vote against official standardization.

Let me add my voice to those of Alan and John.  I think it is
premature to form an explicit standard.  I also feel that the drive
for standardization should be undertaken by us when we have some kind
of concensus that it is a desirable thing, not because of pressure
from external parties who have little or no commitment to the language
(I would place the IEEE people in this category).