Macros

    Date: Wed, 1 Jul 87 08:54:27 est
    From: Matthias Felleisen <matthias at iucs.cs.indiana.edu>

      b: performing arbitrary and possibly infinite computations. This is the
         point of contention and the Indiana school of thought rejects this
	 possibility.

    Old-style macros with no global side-effects can still be implemented with
    extend-syntax: ...

    ... I opt for an extend-syntax-like mechanism as a primitive tool.

I must be missing something.  This sounds like a gross contradiction to
me.

Could you be clearer, perhaps even concrete, about what you mean by
"extend-syntax-like"?