Should ":" be an extended alphabetic character?

    Date: Mon, 18 May 87 17:38:47 cdt
    From: David Bartley <bartley%home%ti-csl.csnet at RELAY.CS.NET>
    To:   RRRS-Authors at mc.lcs.mit.edu
    Re:   Should ":" be an extended alphabetic character?

I have no opinion on this.  When it came up before, there were some
objections to removing : from the list of extended alphabetics, and as
editor I took the "conservative" stance of making minimal changes to the
report.

I have no strong opinion on this question.  I wouldn't be sad to see :
classified with / | [ ] { }.  In fact such a change would reduce
by one the number of bugs in my implementation (pseudoscheme).