(eqv? #e1 #i1)

    Date: 22 Jul 86 11:31:02 PDT (Tue)
    From: willc%tekchips.tek.csnet at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA

    Technical question relating to exactness:  Are 1 and 1.0 operationally
    equivalent?  (That is, if we wind up adopting the proposal that 1 be
    read as an exact integer while 1.0 is read as an inexact integer, then
    (EQV? 1 1.0) must be false.  This is incompatible with the RRRS, which
    says that EQV? returns true when its arguments are numbers that are
    equal according to the = procedure.  This incompatibility is not listed
    in the notes on page 35.  I wonder if the incompatibility was recognized
    and intended.)

I assumed that this detail was an unintentional omission from RRRS.
Clearly #e1 and #i1 are distinguishable.  I'll list this in the notes
section.

- Jonathan