Re: title wars

    Date: Tue, 22 Jul 86 14:57:41 EDT
    From: Jonathan A Rees <JAR%ai.ai.mit.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>

        Date: Tue, 22 Jul 86 14:08:30 EDT
        From: Chris Hanson <CPH at AI.AI.MIT.EDU>

        A minor note: I'd prefer that the word "Scheme" not be upper-cased in
        the report.  While this is appropriate for an acronym like "ALGOL", it
        does not seem to be for "Scheme", which is not an abbreviation for
        anything.

    Rationale:
    I agree that "Scheme" generally shouldn't generally be in upper case,
    and I think that it's "Scheme" everywhere else in the report.  However,
    I wanted to capitalize it in the title because this helps make it look
    like the Algol 60 report.

I agree with Chris -- Scheme is a word, not an acronym.  ALGOL is an
acronym and should be written in all caps.  If you want it to look EXACTLY
like the Algol 60 report, name the language ALGOL!

David Bartley
-------