Re: Substring & friends

    On the other hand <start> and <end> could be defined to both be
    inclusive.  Now, I realize that there are probably too many instances of
    substring & friends running around, and that this would be incompatible
    with CL's subsequence, but I for one dislike the notion of (exclusive)
    indices that may not be (really) valid indices.  Comments?

Here's a comment:

to not have to adjust by 1 in index computations.

-Norman

-------