convergence

Apparently we could go on forever thinking of and arguing over ways to
improve the language.  If you have changes you want considered for the
SIGPLAN version of the report, please send them right way (actually,
send them in several months ago).  Otherwise PLEASE just sit on them for
a while, and when this report is out, then let's start discussing the
next version.  For now, orient your messages towards achieving
stability.  If you want perfection then nothing will ever get published.
And, as they say in the soaps, I need to get on with my life.

Thanks
Jonathan