Re: portability

Well, I agree in principle with all that was said.  But I think
you have missed one important point: it is not possible, even
with all the care in the world, to write portable code in the
current design.  I don't want to contort the language design in
any way (and neither of my suggestions do that) but I DO want
some statement which makes the possibility of portable code
feasible.

I urge you to think, again, about including some formal and
mutually agreeable statement which limits the implementors choice
of names for special forms.  I believe that this is the sole
requirement necessary to permit a person intent on writing a
totally portable program to succeed.

--Jim