I/O proposal

The I/O proposal seems quite good!  In fact it is nearly identical to
the current MIT Scheme I/O system, which makes me happy.

I wonder why you chose the name "DISPLAY-CHAR" rather than
"WRITE-CHAR"?  I prefer "WRITE-CHAR" because it has no connotations of
display terminals, or of being viewed by a human; it says, simply,
that the character was written down somewhere.

Also, I think that you should have both "STREAM?" and its components
"INPUT-STREAM?" and "OUTPUT-STREAM?", because it makes more
information available without really constraining the implementation
in any fundamental way.  Clearly bidirectional streams can satisfy
both predicates.

Chris Hanson