			Jonathan Rees, Yale/Dec/MIT
			David Bartley, TI
Local Arrangements:	Mitch Wand, Indiana/Brandeis/MIT

The purpose of this workshop is to identify those features of Scheme
which may be made common among various implementations, to discuss
the nature and format of interim standards for Scheme, and to expose
some of the problems which may make other features difficult to
standardize.

Starting Time:  9:00 am, Mon, Oct 21, 1984

The first day's sessions will be held in the Usdan Student Union.  The
second day's sessions will be held in Ford Hall, home of the Brandeis
Computer Science Department.

Registration:  The cost of the conference will be $25.  This covers
lunches on both days, plus snacks, etc.

Accommodations:  We have reserved a block of rooms in the Marriott Inn,
Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA. (969-1000).  Cost is $94/day for
single, $104/day for double (ouch! sorry 'bout that).  Cheaper
accomodations may be found at the Holiday Inn on Grove Street in Newton.

Transportation:  Brandeis is about 12 miles from Logan Airport in
Boston.  We recommend that participants have access to rental cars, as
public transportation from the airport to Brandeis is difficult, and
there are no motels within walking distance of the campus.

Welcoming reception:  None.  (You thought maybe this was a POPL?)

Banquet:  We have made arrangements for a Chinese buffet at the Peking
Restaurant in Lexington, for 700pm on Monday night.

Attendance:  Attendance is by invitation only, as this is a working
meeting.  The following is the current invitation list

	Abelson (MIT)
	Adams (Yale)
	Bartley (TI)
	Brooks (IU/TI)
	Clinger (IU)
	Friedman (IU)
	Gabriel, Dick (Stanford)
	Halstead, Bert (MIT)
	Hanson (MIT)
	Haynes (IU)
	Kohlbecker (IU)
	Oxley (TI)
	Pitman (MIT)
	Rees (MIT/Yale)
	Steele (Tartan Labs)
	Sussman (MIT)
	Wand (IU/Brandeis)

If you are not on this list, please accept the apologies of the
organizers.

Registration:  If you are on this list, please let us know whether or
not you plan on attending.  We need to have a definite list by Mon Oct
15.  Mail electronically to:

maf%brandeis.csnet@csnet-relay  (CSnet/Arpanet)

or by calling Myrna Fox at 617 647 2119.

Again, we apologize for the short notice on this final announcement; it
is my understanding that the dates and place were circulated earlier.