Re: Meeting Friday

Hi,

Hmmm, I guess there are must be more of them. One reason why there are so few of
those is because Michael had only small part of all the building contours in
the .cntr file he gave me. Nonetheless, I think I corrected more than 4 of
them...

The easiest way to check would be to load the original contour file and the
corresponding fixed contour file using the building mapper application (you can
find all the details in the very end of my thesis). You can also use it to
correct a more complete building contour file if you have one.

It is very simple. The application shows you contours as they present in the
basemap file as well as the contours that Michael gives me in that contour file
(i.e. after he applies the set of transforms from that bogus .EXL file)
It allows you to "pick up" a contour and to translate/scale/rotate it until it
matches the corresponding contour in the basemap. The result as well as the set
of transformations applied are saved into filename.fixed and filename.trnsf
files respectively (if you want, you can actually load the resultant
filename.fixed file again and modify it even further). You should consult my
thesis for more details, it should not be difficult. Let me know if you have
any problems.

Vitaly

P.S. I do not check my MIT email account too often nowadays. If you need a quick
answer, please email to my gmail address: vkulikov@gmail.com