re: basemap stuff

hi,

the short answer, just execute:

BasemapDrawer

or

BasemapDrawer -help

it will give you the list of switches you can use with the program.

the way i'm executing it now is:

BasemapDrawer Data/basemap.ug -list Bldg/bldgs.txt -mode batch

the first parameter specifies where the basemap input data comes from; the
second parameter (value of the "-list" switch) specifies where the list of
your portals files is located (currently, each name in that list is in the
form "Bldg/building_name" to make sure that the .portals files are loaded and
overwritten in the "Bldg" directory), the final parameter (value of the "-
mode" switch) simply specifies that the program is run in the batch mode (no
graphic output generated).

good luck and let me know if you have any further questions,
vitaly

hey vitaly,

if you're around tonight, do you think you could send me a quick note
about how to run the basemap stuff? i will probably be doing updates
tonight and i am interested in seeing how the connection count
increases. let me know

thanks
michael