basemap issues

hi greg,

we are working from a campus basemap that is a few
years old now.  we're also finding that the basemap
(at least, the version we have access to) has many
missing contours, for example those delineating
grass/pavement boundaries.  there are also gaps in
many contours.

both of these make things difficult for us:  we are
trying to write a "coloring" algorithm that takes
the basemap as input, and determines whether each
enclosed region is grass, concrete, asphalt, building
outline, etc.

can you send us, or (preferably) post and point us
to, a more current basemap?

also, we'd like to show you the kinds of problems
we're having with basemap processing.  would you
be available some tuesday (nov 25th; dec 2, 9, or 16)
to join our group meeting at 5pm in the graphics lab?

thanks,

seth teller.