Makefile help?

Hey Luka + BMGers,

I've got code that compiles nicely, but am having a hard time getting a
makefile to actually get the stuff to work. The problem is that if I am in
the directory of the code itself, the makefile command line compilation
freaks out. If I one directory up, things work fine.

So, the question is: is there a way in my Makefile to specify compilation
as though I were one directory up?

Also, any pointers to good references on this stuff?

--Patrick

--
* * *

Patrick James Nichols II
Graduate Student, MIT Computer Graphics Group
http://graphics.csail.mit.edu/~pnichols