CVS philosophy question

Mostly a question for Luka, though I guess I'll keep everyone on this list
in the know:

Jason Bell had two pieces of code that talked to each other a lot -- the
/api/ and /library/ directories. After rewriting a lot of code this
weekend, I decided to merge these two into the more sensible
/LocationServer/ directory, which does a lot more of the precomputation
we've talked about.

Some questions, then:

- should I just remove the old /api/ and /library/ directories from CVS?
the code in them is old, will not be updated, etc.
- should I fork the code or something?
- anyone have any thoughts about putting all of the /LocationAware/ code
into a java package (jason didn't package anything; he had a horrible
system of hacks and sym links) or leaving as is?

Also, I have some Makefile questions for Luka. I guess we can cover this
at our weekly meeting.

--Patrick

--
* * *

Patrick James Nichols II
Graduate Student, MIT Computer Graphics Group
http://graphics.csail.mit.edu/~pnichols