Re: planning the next steps

over the summer i did lots of work on making walkthru
more stable and maintainable.  there's still a ways to
go but this is much better now than it was before.
that is my chief accomplishment from the summer, and
sufficient for me to stop work on system-wide overhaul
during fall even while there is plenty left to do at
some future time.  (rough desire is to bring it up to
a releasable condition over the course of next spring.)

this fall, in addition to a full courseload, i'll be
implementing the visibility algorithms described in my
AUP paper.  that includes a visibility API layer which
will end up integrated into walkthru plus at least one
vis computation module (the cdt-assisted one) that will
be tested perhaps first independently but then as a
plugin to walkthru.  the outcome significant to you
folks should be that fast or real-time rendering of
immense models (all of campus, cambridge, with furniture
trees and everything else) will become at the very least
much more tractable by the end of the year.

any other graphics work in fall will be strictly
as-needed and as-available, probably limited to just
consultation and small obvious-to-me patches to walkthru
upon request.  if anyone needs something from me, feel
free to ask, and i will see what i can do.

we should all meet up this week.  but my sched is highly
constrained.  here are all the times between 10-5 that i
am *available*, including reasonable time for transit.
someone else with a tight schedule should intersect
their own availability with this and suggests times.

M: 10:00 - 10:45
   12:45 -  1:45
T: 10:00 - 11:45
W: 12:45 -  3:00