Next: Protocol: Making Gels
Up: Protocol: Making Plates
Previous: Protocol: Making Plates
- Make ``LB Agarose'' liquid. Find Agarose in cabinet, and add to
LB liquid in bottle (1 liter LB, 40 g agarose, or 15 g/liter agar
technical). Shake hard to dissolve the agarose in LB.
- Make sure caps are loose. Autoclave for 30 min .
Before autoclaving, make sure water level is sufficiently high (below
flat carving, above round carving). Autoclaving will take approx
- Thaw filtered ampiclin (100 mg/ml).
- Cool bottle to (with a water bath).
- Aliquot Amp to achieve 100 /ml final concentration. Shake well.
- Pour 30-35 ml into each plate.
- Stack on top of each other to avoid condensation. Let cool
until solid .
- Optional: incubate plates with top partially off for
1 hour to get rid of condensation.
Wed Feb 10 15:48:08 EST 1999