I'm now also working on a Ph.D in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) at UCONN.
- Artificial Intelligence, particularly computational approaches to self-awareness & consciousness;
- (Very) local history: the Quiambaug/Mistuxet Valley
- Naval & maritime history, from ancient to modern, including shipwrecks, mysteries of the sea, and underwater archaeology;
- Cooking - I maintain a personal collection of recipes which I often give to friends. You can grab it as a Microsoft Word document: Cookbook.doc.
- Sailing; small boats have included Lightnings, Jet 14's, Banshees, JY 15's, Beetle Cats.
- Archaeology & ancient history (primarily Greek/Roman); related remote sensing technologies.
- Algonquian languages (particularly Mohegan and Pequot) of the Algic family; here's a related paper I did for a local group: [Ariston]
- Travel , food, theatre.
- BZFlag virtual world design
- Genealogy: Bentz; also: Blew, Bushy, Cassidy, Davis, Dionne, Ely, Gentzler, Groff, Hall, Hersche, Hershey, Knickerbocker, Lau, Law, O'Hara, Shetter, Siebrecht, Strayer, Swain, Swope, Ticknor, Turk - and quite a few others. See my Bentz pages for specific data on many of these other families as well. Some current mysteries are on a page here.
- Gardening (largely to support the cooking).
|My Pages On This Site|
|Ideas||Some ideas and musings for your consideration and amusement.|
|Blog||Infrequent writings on a variety of topics|
|Bentz genealogy||Pages relating to the Bentz and associated families.|
|Banshee sailboat||The Banshee Class National Association web page.|
Less Serious Pages
|Rants||I've put together some comments on various things which annoy me which I can't particularly change... some of this might be amusing.|
|Early T.H.A. History||A page on the early days of the Technology Hackers Association.|
|Humor||Over the years I've received many jokes, etc., usually of the over circulated Internet type. In order to make them accessible to friends, I've tossed them in a barely organized form here. Enjoy them at your own risk.|
|BZFlag||I enjoy playing the open-source, cross-platform game BZFlag (usually under the name "The Purple Panzer". This is a page with background information, maps, etc.|
|Resources||The page I use as my starting page, with many links broken out by section (and a Table of Contents at the top).|
|Pages Elsewhere You Might Like|
|Technology Review article on T.H.A.||Worth a glance if you've never heard of it.|
|WIRED article on MIT hacking||An article in which I make a brief appearance with my name misspelled. (For further information on my involvement with MIT hacking many years ago, see also the octagon description, or the T.H.A. writeup.)|
|Gallery of MIT hacks||The M. I. T. Museum's hacking pages.|
|The Caltech cannon hack||A bit about the Howe & Ser Moving Company.|
I've dropped the "mailto:" tags because of the volume of spam that results from people scraping them from web pages. However, my email addresses are: