Re: thinkpad 350c HD Replacement

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:10:56 -0400, David W. Robinson wrote:

>Hi All :-)
>
>I just bought a 350c with a 120 mb HD and was thinking about Upgrading
>the Hard Drive.  Can anyone please tell me
>
>1)if a standard 2.5" hard drive will work

It should, but what size were you looking at?  Looking at the TP Assistant,
it says the largest drive offered by IBM was 250 MB, but since it's IDE, you should
be able to get to 540MB before you run into problems.

>2)Does it need a bios flash

Check to see if a FLASH BIOS upgrade changes the IDE to EIDE so it can recognize greater than 1024
cylinders on the HD, and sizes larger than 528/540MB.

>3)Where can I find any updates to the original bios?

Probably from IBM's confusing web site.

--
Paul Khoury | <pkhoury@loop.com> | Sent from my ThinkPad 701CS
Proudly running OS/2 Warp 3/4, Slackware Linux, and Sun Solaris 2.4