Re: fixed 701 crack

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:41:45 -0700 (PDT), Peckham Engineering wrote:

>Spent this weekend fixing the crack in the lid of my 701. It was pretty
>easy to do, and seems to be real strong.  I am including a description of
>the methods I used in case anyone is interested.

So, do you think this might be a good idea for used machines
with no warranty, as a reinforcement?  It's ironic that it seems most machines
crack somewhere near or on the hinges.  My Tadpole SPARCbook's hinge
is absolutely stuck, and it's only on 1 hinge (the right one with the cable).

My ThinkPad was the same way, and it was very bad for it in the end.

--
Paul Khoury |  <pkhoury@loop.com> | Sent from my P75 Server
Proudly running OS/2 Warp 3/4, Slackware Linux, and Sun Solaris 2.4