Re: (screen-) size... (was 770 price cut)

> > I also really welcome a screen that can be used in bright light. The 770
> > is the first screen that can really be used in bright light successfully
> > (it is MUCH brighter than any previous TP screen).
>
> Still not good enough!  Why don't manufacturers make the case backs out of
> clear plastic?  Then the backlight can be supplemented by the ambient light,
> and I might finally be able to use a laptop sitting outside on my deck!
>
> - David R.

I wonder if anyone experimented with one of those ThinkPads
that were made to be used with an overhead projector.  Slide
a nice white diffuser in place of the backlight and take it
outside.  Would probably work real nice if the diffuser were
facing the sun...

Anyone got one of those old 755CV machines (or whatever they were)?
Might actually work as a machine you could use in the field,
especially for those of us that work outside in the southwest.

Stuart

Stuart F. Biggar                   Phone:  (520) 621-8168
Remote Sensing Group               FAX:    (520) 621-8292
Optical Sciences Center
University of Arizona
Meinel Building
PO Box 210094