Re: Heat buildup with lid closed?

Thanks for the sanity check, guys.  I thought it was too weird for words
when I read it.  I've worked with any number of different ThinkPad models
and have *never* had anyone report this kind of problem to me nor had I
ever seen anything crop up on the list about it.  I knew you could fry eggs
on the bottom of the early 760's, but once they put the thermal patch on,
you could actually hold the thing in your lap for a while.  And I never
heard anyone say the heat damaged a hard drive or other components.

I don't particularly like the Armada line because of the CTFT screen
quality and Compaq support, but in their defense, Compaq builds a solid
product overall.

The 77xx line has a superior keyboard to the current crop of ThinkPads,
IMHO.  It has the solid feel that the 75x keyboards had and has their
version of a pointing stick.  (The screen sucks.)

Their 15xx line is a better overall design than the 380 TPs.  The palm rest
is slanted, and I have less of a feeling that I'm typing with my hands 6"
off the desk.  They need to lose the touchpad and put a better keyboard on
it, though.  (And do something about the screen.)