Re: 233 mhz 560

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Paul Khoury wrote:
> I just hope that they will have drivers for the graphics chipset
> for those of us with other operating systems NOT from Microsoft.

  I would hope so as well.

> Also, does anybody know if any ThinkPads have the Universal Serial Bus (USB)?
> Is it true that only Windows can use it?  What's the purpose besides cameras?

  It is good for scanners, joysticks, digital video cameras [both portable
still cameras and QuickCam style] and plenty of other things.  The main
problem with USB is that it is new and doesn't have much market
penetration yet.  My Mobo has USB support, but since it didn't come with a
USB cable I am less likely to try USB products.

  A USB port on a notebook would be very useful.  A notebooks expansion
options are generally much more limited that a desktop and that one
connector could do many things.  Once more than a handful of USB products
ship that is..  =)

==== Steve Parker ==== San Luis Obispo, CA ==== Multi-OS & Multitasking ====