701 not for sale, but SCSI/CD is

My 701 is not for sale, at least not for a couple more months.
I've decided that although I don't use it much on the road, it
is just too useful at home.  I use it in bed, while eating at
the dinner table, while watching TV, etc.  If I had only a
desktop, I'd be chained to the desk.  The flexibility is worth
more to me than the $700-$900 I'd probably get from selling it.

The one item I am selling is the SCSI card and cd drive.  It's a
Panasonic KXL-D740 4x SCSI-2 portable CDROM, and a Panasonic
(repackaged QLogic) SCSI card.  The card is supported in OS/2
and Linux, and various other :-) OSes.  They came together as a
package (might still be under warranty - I bought it in March).
Recent asking prices I've seen in DejaNews are in the $200-$250
range which I think is overpriced (it only cost me $299).  I'm
asking $175.  Someone has expressed interest in just the SCSI
card, so if you're only interested in the CDROM go ahead and
make me an offer.

Thanks for the offers.  I will probably sell the 701 within 6
months - I like to give the final buyer some warranty time so he
isn't left hanging if it breaks soon after purchase.  (I'll
admit my reasons are not entirely altruistic - If the buyer has
problems, I'd rather he complain to IBM, not me.  :-)

Keep an eye out for it.
--
John H. Kim
kim@mak.com