Re: Cheap PCMCIA SCSI

Egghead sells PCMCIA SCSI adapters for $99.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alden S Klovdahl <Alden.Klovdahl@anu.edu.au>
To: David Jones <jones@alice-compusystems.com>
Cc: pkhoury@loop.com <pkhoury@loop.com>; thinkpad@cs.utk.edu
<thinkpad@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 1997 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: Cheap PCMCIA SCSI

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, David Jones wrote:

> The Yes Man, http://www.yesman.com is selling New Media Bus Toasters,
> (SCSI II PCMCIA Adapters) for $57.  I've just ordered one.  The Bus
> Toaster will run under OS/2, Linux (and, I assume W3.11 and W95).
> Actually, there is a note on the Linux supported hardware FAQ, that
> not all Bus Toasters are supported, something about the earlier
> versions versus the more recent.
>
> You also asked about Emacs, well, for a programmer, it is almost the
> complete environment.  Once you enter it, you don't have to leave:
> email, software development, word processing, etc., etc.  There is
> even a web browser package!
>
> Regard,
> David Jones

i think you should worry about 'works' rather than 'cheap' as your
operating criterion.  i had a new media bus toaster and never could
get it to work with a Jaz drive, had problems with an attached cd-rom
drive, under win95.  if you can try one first you'd be better of imho.

regards, al

Alden S Klovdahl /   alden.klovdahl@anu.edu.au    / fax: +61 2 62 49 05 25
Sociology Arts  / Australian National University / Canberra ACT Australia
0200