ac cord of 760 adapter

Well, I'd like to thank the people who responded to my post
looking for a 760-style AC adapter for my 755cx.  I managed to get
one from Insight Direct.  I have mixed impressions of Insight
service but they did get the thing here.  It's a slim adapter,
P/n 12J1447 FRU P/N 12J1448.  It says in the instruction booklet
that it works with various models of 760 but doesn't list the
755cx; however the salesperson said it supported the 755 series
and in fact I'm using it and it works.  What I'm wondering is
about the AC cord, which is a flat, fairly thick 3-wire cord
with a weird 3-pin connector (*not* a standard IEC cord) that
plugs into the pack.  This cord is kind of bulky and partly
defeats the purpose of a compact adapter.  I had kind of
remembered seeing a 2-conductor cord on my friend's 365xd
adapter, which otherwise looks similar.  Was I imagining
things?  Do any of those adapters use a 2-conductor cord?
This adapter in any case is a pretty big improvement over what
I used to have...

Thanks again
Paul