Re: 701 Screen problem update

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:09:10 +0200, Dale Chao wrote:

>A few weeks ago there was some discussion of the 701CS screen getting all
>mucked up by opening a DOS box. The recommended solutions included
>Fn-F1-and-back and switching color depth.
>
>Well, I just wanted to pass along that I did a fresh FDISK/format/Win95
>install and that problem seems to have gone away. I did *nothing* to
>interfere with Win95's hardware autodetect.
>

>Also another update on a problem I had a ways back: multiport+2 PC cards
>wouldn't work. It turns out there just weren't enough IRQs to go around.
>Disabling a port I wasn't use in a new hardware configuration took care of
>that one as well.

>Dale Chao
>Concord, California
>Primary Email: geige@usa.net

I eliminated that problem, so I can use the internal modem (irq 4), multiport 2 serial port (irq 3), lpt1 on multiport
(irq 7) and/or lpt2 when floppy is not present (floppy-> irq6, lpt2-> irq5), no infrared, audio (0x200,irq10,dma1),
Home & Away adapter in slot 2 (com 3, irq11), IBM Solid State File 5MB ATA Flash in slot 1 (sometimes irq9 or
15).  All I did was edit the config.sys for OS/2 and add special parameters to stuff I could change.  I think you
should also be able to do so with Windows 95 or Linux or whatever, so long as you don't have a token ring
card.  Also, don't forget that the PS/2 mouse uses irq12 unless you disable it.

Paul
Regards,

Paul Khoury
pkhoury@earthlink.net