Re: IBM PCMCIA SCSI Card and Win 95

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Brooks McNeely wrote:

> At 06:23 PM 7/21/97 UT, Laurence Larsen wrote:
> >I recently bought a PCMCIA SCSI card ("new"....although the most recent date
> >on the driver disk is 1994!).  Part number 04H7613.  I have scoured the IBM
> >sites on the Internet and Compuserve and am left empty handed looking for
> the
> >dreaded Win 95 .INF file.
> >
> >Does anyone know if one was written?  If not, is there a workaround so my
> 701c
> >and 560 can share my scanner?
> >
> >Amazingly, the same thing happened with my Iosoft PCMCIA SCSI card when I
> >switched to Win 95 two years ago.  They said "Sorry we won't support it in
> >Win'95.  I can't believe mighty IBM would react the same way.....
> >
> I just checked my card, and it may not be the same as yours.
>
> On the back of my card is a part#, 92G8169, and a date, 1Q95
>
> On IBM's OS/2 Device Driver Repository, my card is not listed, although
> another IBM PCMCIA SCSI card is - SCSI-II Controller Card 92G8171.
>
> I tried to look up these products at www.pc.ibm.com, but the server was
> unreachable when I tried.
>
> Brooks
>

> Brooks McNeely
> Lockheed Martin Energy Systems, Inc.
>
> E-mail:
>     bnm@ornl.gov (work)
>     brooks_mcneely@ibm.net (non-work)
> Phone:
>     423-574-4612 (voice)
>     423-576-6608 (fax)

I have an IBM SCSI card part #92G8171. The card also has no windows 95
drivers. However the card is manufactured by future domain so it is
sufficient to choose the future domain PCMCIA driver from the win95
driver list. No installation disks other than your win95 CD are
necessary. You might try the future domain driver on your card and just
see what happens. It will either work or it won't and it should be very
clear.

                      -- Scott.

Dr. F. Scott Porter                Internet: Frederick.S.Porter@gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center   Office:   (301)286-5016
Code 662                           FAX:      (301)286-1684
Greenbelt, MD 20771                WWW:   http://lheawww.gsfc.nasa.gov/~porter