>  - Successfully access my SCSI Zip drive.

    I guess Card Services sees your Adaptec card, since
you used it for the install? Assuming it does, you should
see some lines like

... kernel: scsi0 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver; $Revision: 1.17 $
... kernel: scsi : 1 host.
... kernel:   Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: D.09
... kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
... kernel: Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
   <blah, blah...>
... kernel:  sda: sda4

in /var/log/messages, if you have a DOS-format Zip in the
drive. Then, assuming you have a directory /zip,

    mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /zip

will mount it there.  If Card Services don't work, you might
need to look at /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia, and make sure it has things
like

  PCMCIA=yes
  PCIC=i82365

in it, and you might need

  exclude irq 12 # PS/2 Mouse - CJB, 26.9.96
  exclude irq 5  # ESS AudioDrive

in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to keep pc-cards from trying to
use interrupts that other devices want.

>  - Successfully mount my floppy.

    mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy

doesn't work? Some models needed the floppy=thinkpad
Lilo/Loadlin boot option... substitute ext2 for msdog
if you have a Linux floppy on your hands.

>  - Test my audio

    Much more difficult. Have to build a new kernel, with
audio support. Best to learn to mount disks first, I think.
Anyway, some info in this might be specific to my TP760LD,
but other TP's I've wokred with seem to need the same things.

    Delighted to see more TP Linuxheads out there!

 ----
Chris Bednar - Budding Quantum Optician, Quantum Fundamentalist
But really, baby, I'm not like the other theorists!