Re: XFree86 on 560 DSTN

Dr. F. Scott Porter NASA/GSFC writes:

> Hi all. I've finally installed redhat 4.1 on my thinkpad 560 and of
> course I'm having problems with XFree86. It works fine using the SVGA
> accelerator in 640x480 but I can't get it to work in 800x600 mode.

I too have a 560 DSTN but I'm running FreeBSD on it. However, we have
similar problems :-(

The latest xfree beta (3.2a) is better but I haven't yet found a suitable
set of modelines for 800x600. You can apparently now force the expansion
feature off in this version but I've had little time to play with it to the
point of being happy to use it on a regular basis.

Regards,

	michael